Discover more from Sugabelly
Happy 101 Award
Eccentric Yoruba tagged me. Yay!! She's back because she's done with the dreaded NYSC. I think I'm supposed to write ten things that make me happy.
1. Kit Kat - When the world began, God said "Let there be Kit Kat." And there was Kit Kat. And God took a bite and saw that the Kit Kat was good.
3. Copic Markers - You haven't lived until you've coloured agbada with BG18.
4. DeviantArt - One day, I too will be deviant. One bright, fine, mega-awesome day.
5. Igbo, Nupe, Bini, Yoruba, Igala, Ogoni, Ibibio, Ijaw, Japanese, Baule, and Bamum Art - Going to museums is better than sex, better than ice cream but not better than jimmanu. It still rocks though.
6. Traditional Architecture (from all of the above mentioned cultures) rocks my socks. When I am rich and famous, I will live in a traditional Igbo house, built out of concrete and reinforced mud. I will live there and I will love it, and all of Nigeria and the world beyond will tremble at the awesomeness of our traditional architecture.
7. Tozo, Ofada Rice, Nkwobi, and Jimmanu - My favourite Nigerian foods. A life expended without tasting these four is a life thoroughly wasted.
8. Traveling - Nothing makes me happier than wandering through the world. There are so many interesting and fascinating people, places, and customs on this planet. Insha Allah, someday soon I'll spend a year or two living all over the continent and taking pictures of dreamy architecture, clothes, and artefacts (watch out Mali, Ghana, and Tanzania! Here I come!)
9. My friends - They are amazing. They rock, and once I reach my target weight I shall once more be able to
steal borrow clothes from them.
10. Money - My inner Okoro does a happy rain dance in the presence of plentiful Ego. It's because I'm Igbo..........Kwenu.
I tag Sting, SugarKing, Doll, F and M, Jaycee, Azazel, Lady X, Obi-talker, Solomon Sydelle, Adaora, Sirius, Nutty J, Her Royal Poshness, Leggy, Flabby, Juiceegal and anyone else that comments on this post